(women, infants, and children)

WIC image

Wic is a free program funded by federal dollars through the United States Department of Agriculture. The WIC program helps families who have nutritional needs by promoting optimal health and nutrition through special supplemental foods.

Children 1-5 years of age and women who are pregnant, breastfeeding or have a new baby are given vouchers for foods high in protein, vitamins, calcium, and iron.

Infants up to 1 year of age are given vouchers for formula, fruit juice, infant cereal and baby food. Free nutritional education, as well as immunizations and well child exams, are offered during WIC visits.

wic foods

To qualify for WIC, one must meet income guidelines and have a nutritional risk. For more detailed information visit the Division of Adult and Child Health WIC Program


2017 USDA Non-Discrimination Statement
In accordance with Federal civil rights law and U.S. Department of Agriculture (USDA) civil rights regulations and policies, the USDA, its agencies, offices, and employees, and institutions participating in or administering USDA programs are prohibited from discriminating based on race, color, national origin, sex, disability, age, or reprisal or retaliation for prior civil rights activity in any program or activity conducted or funded by USDA.

Persons with disabilities who require alternative means of communication for program information (e.g., Braille, large print, audiotape, American Sign Language, etc.) should contact the responsible Agency (State or Local) where they have applied for benefits. Individuals who are deaf, hard of hearing or have speech disablilities may contact USDA through the Federal Relay Service at (800) 877-8339. Additionally, program information may be made available in languages other than English.

To file a program complaint of discrimination, complete the USDA Program Discrimination Complaint Form, (AD-3027), found online at: http://www.ascr.usda.gov/complaint_filing_cust.html and at any USDA office or write a letter addressed to USDA and provide in the letter all of the information requested in the form. To request a copy of the complaint form, call (866) 632-9992. Submit your completed form or letter to USDA by:

 (1) Mail: U.S. Department of Agriculture, Office of the Assistant Secretary for Civil Rights, 1400 Independence Avenue, SW, Washington, D.C. 20250-9410;

 (2) Fax: (202) 690-7742; or

(3) email: program.intake@usda.gov.

This institution is an equal opportunity provider.